BAYSHORE HOME HEALTH
TITLE: MANAGER OF CLINICAL PRACTICE
The Manager of Clinical Practice, under the direction of the immediate Supervisor, is responsible for
the delivery of care and service to clients and ensures compliance with internal and external
standards of practice. She or he recruits and supervises Field employees and coordinates clinical
education and in-service activities as requested. The Manager of Clinical Practice, in keeping with
the organizational structure of the Branch Office, assumes overall responsibility for specific Branch
Office operations in the absence of the Director of Clinical Management and/or the Area Director.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assess or arrange for the initial and ongoing assessment of clients requiring licensed and
unlicensed care and service as appropriate
• Develop and/or ensure that care plans are available for clients as appropriate; visit clients as
required and update care plans as appropriate
• Supervise and support licensed and unlicensed employees to ensure compliance with all federal
and provincial legislated standards of practice as well as company policies and procedures
• Lead or assist with the integration of client satisfaction initiatives; ensure that all referred client
concerns and complaints are satisfactorily addressed and documented in a timely manner
• Demonstrate knowledge of Standards of Practice guidelines of Provincial regulating body
• Liaise with Provincial regulating body as required
• Coordinate the in-service education program for Field employees and maintain appropriate records
• Coordinate human resources with respect to recruitment and selection, orientation and training,
discipline and the probationary/annual performance review of reporting Field employees; interpret
and implement relevant policies and procedures
• Lead or assist with the implementation of Modified Work Programs for Field employees
• Participate in business development as appropriate; assist with the development of contractual
agreements for client care and service as requested
• Promote Bayshore Home Health through participation in local healthcare or business committees
as well as community events
• Assume responsibility for specific Branch Office operations in the absence of the Director of
Clinical Management and/or the Area Director as appropriate
• Serve as the on-call Registered Nurse as required
• Participate in ongoing internal and/or external continuing education activities
• Adhere to Bayshore Policies and Procedures.
• Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the
company's Quality Management System
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Is responsible to
notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns. Responsible for completing
Accident Reports for all direct reports who injure themselves on the job, within 24 hours of the
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with
appropriate Bayshore personnel
• Complete other tasks as requested
The Manager of Clinical Practice reports to a Supervisor as designated by the Area Director. Licensed or
unlicensed field employees generally report to the Manager of Clinical Practice unless alternate reporting
relationships have been established.
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing, preferably with a Bachelor of Nursing degree; current
registration with the provincial regulating body;
At least five years of recent experience with progressive responsibilities as a Nursing Supervisor,
preferably in a community setting; strong track record in leading the development and evaluation of
training programs; demonstrated ability to handle all aspects of human resources and interpret company
policies and procedures; experience in business development preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations in an objective consistent format;
ability to work independently and effectively lead a team; above average report writing and communication
skills with both Field and Administrative employees; valid driver’s license and evidence of current CPR
certification; solid knowledge of the principles, practices, and methods of community nursing and service
delivery to clients as well as program development, implementation and evaluation. Minimum 30 w.p.m.
typing speed required.
Internal candidates must have a track record of achievement in dealing with clients and employees and
have consistently shown above average initiative. Successful internal candidates must complete a six month
probationary period specific to the Manager of Clinical Practice position.
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
The Manager of Clinical Practice must demonstrate ongoing competency in completing all duties and
responsibilities as detailed in this job description, in response to changes by the provincial regulating body,
as well as agreed upon specific goals and objectives.
Performance will be reviewed on an ongoing basis with a formal review at the end of the six-month
probationary period and subsequently, on at least an annual basis. Input will be sought from the employee,
Supervisor, Branch Office and in addition, will be based on ongoing client feedback and the extent to
which performance meets expectations.
Please forward resume to:
Zena Thomas, Area Director
Bayshore Home Health
(no phone calls please)